Hi My Sweets!
Well, we’ve made it to 2013! Happy New Year to you!!
I wish I could say that I woke up cheery and bright, ready to welcome in the new year. Unfortunately, my day started with tears, but Rob did what he does best and got the tears to go away.
I tend to dwell on the past, as I’m sure I’ve mentioned more than once here on the blog. I think that Carla said it best in one of her recent posts. We have to “stop re-reading” and “start living life through the windshield instead of through our rearview mirror.” I completely agree!
I’m known in my family to live in the past, wishing I could have done X, Y and Z instead of A, B & C. We can’t go back and fix things. All we can do is learn from our mistakes and move forward, resolving not to make the same mistakes again.
I’ve been extremely ashamed of myself lately. So ashamed that I’ve unintentionally been hunching over instead of walking straight. Can you imagine? I’ve always had great posture even if it was the result of being tortured for 4 years of marching band. I guess I’m trying to make myself as small as I possibly can, but I obviously look ridiculous not standing tall and proud. I’m MAD that I let myself get to this point after feeling so great about myself last February. I was actually beginning to see abdominal muscles back then. My legs looked the best they had ever looked….IN.MY.LIFE! No more looking back though!!
Lately, I’ve pushing myself to be out in public. Going to work and even being around family has been causing a lot of anxiety for me. Let’s face it, at work people have bigger issues to deal with and friends and family love me for me, NOT what I look like. However, if I could crawl into a dark corner and live the rest of my life out there I totally would. What a sad way to think, right? Well, NO MORE!
I have too much to live for, too much I should be thankful for and too much of a difference I can make in the world! This sweetheart isn’t going to curl up in some dark corner and watch the rest of her life pass her by. I’m not going down without a fight, even if it’s the fight of my life! NO WAY!!
Over the past few years I haven’t made New Years Resolutions. I don’t think that it should take a new year for you to make changes to be a better version of yourself. Every day is a new opportunity for us to make changes.
It just so happens that my ultimate low is coinciding with the new year. Instead of making “resolutions” for 2013 I’m going to make some “commitments” to myself.
My Commitments To Myself:
Be kind to myself.
Take actions to be the healthiest ME possible (mind, body & spirit).
Live in the moment, not in the past.
Fully enjoy the experience in Nevis in February.
Have confidence in myself that I have the ability to make my life the way I want it to be.
Stand TALL! No more hunching over!!
Learn to love myself, imperfections and all.
With these commitments, there has to be an action plan. I’m not going to get from A to Z just by wishing, ya know?
Here’s The Plan:
- Every morning, wake up and think of at least 1 thing I have to look forward to that day.
- Every night, journal 3 good things that happened and/or that I was thankful for.
- Stretch Daily!
- Remember to check my posture.
- Find something that I’m passionate about and volunteer.
- Read at least 1 book per month.
- Keep up with current events.
- Start going back to church weekly.
- Make more dates with friends.
- Find a good therapist and begin to meet with her weekly.
- Make all necessary doctor appointments.
- Go to hot yoga at least 1x/week.
- Cardio at least 3x/week (finish the Couch to 5k program).
- Weights/Boot Camp 3-4x/week.
- Look in the mirror at least 1x/week and tell myself one thing I like about myself.
- Prep for the week (meals, work outfits, workout schedule, etc) on the weekend and the night before.
- Go to bed at a normal hour (11 PM at the very latest on week nights).
- Drink enough water daily.
- Take my vitamins daily.
- Eat enough throughout the day so I’m not starving at night (late night hours are when I have issues with my eating).
- Begin to write out my business plan.
- Blog consistently.
- Vlog weekly.
- Buy new clothes.
- Treat myself to a mani/pedi, waxing, haircut regularly.
- Organize our dungeon current living situation so that I don’t have as much anxiety living there.
What do you think? Do my commitments and action plan seem reasonable? Do you make resolutions every year?
Rob took starting pictures for me this morning….in my bikini. I’m horrified! There’s no way I’m stepping on a beach in Nevis looking this way! I included steps in my action plan to allow me to be confident in my body (or at least more confident) by the time we get on that plane to paradise.
This is going to be the trip of a lifetime and I REFUSE to allow myself to overshadow the experience with negative thoughts!
This Saturday I’m going to post the starting pics along with my stats. It’s ok, you can close your eyes if you want to. I’m giving ya fair warning that it isn’t pretty.
I know I don’t have much time until the trip. We leave February 9th, so I only have just over a month to make changes. I don’t have unrealistic expectations in my mind. I know I’m not going to lose 30 lbs in 40 days. That just won’t happen (Nor do I need to lose 30 lbs. I’d like to lose about 20 by the summer). That doesn’t mean I don’t start TODAY in making changes and going down the right path.
I’M in control of getting my body fit!It’s up to ME!
I’ve made up my mind!
2013 is going to be my BEST year yet!!
A year from today, this morning’s tears will be a distant memory and I will wake up with a smile on my face knowing that I committed myself to being the best me I can be and that I didn’t let myself down.
Wishing you all the best in 2013 and always!